Upon re thinking my last entery, I was comforted upon remembering that even if I was at home, there is no way I could go snowshoeing or plant green beans right now. I´m actaully doing a lot of pretty great things here that I couldn´t do at home. Things like going to a cloud forest, writing about it, and receiving credit, drinking rounds of Pilsener and not quite being 21, and, in general, hanging out in Ecuador.
Ecuador feels like another world, like a totally different universe where I´m not even officially living, and my life will start again when I get on Minnesota soil.
This is only half true maybe. No matter how you say it, living abroad is a complicated thing.
On another note, some points of interest:
-Books are pretty expensive here, like just under $20 for a paperback, medium sized Andy Warhol autobiography. On the other hand, Quito has a booming pirated film industry, allowing me to get Volver and Marie Antoinette for $1.50 each. Surely, I will be leaving Ecuador with the entire Almodovar collection for just under $10. Ridiculous...
-Nothing is better than being at a bar and hearing a 4 song Depeche Mode set inbetween pitchers of beer. Best.
-Can I just say Evo Morales?
Friday, September 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment