Currently, I´m experiencing this strange feeling that one gets when they´ve been in a new place for a week, and they´re starting to feel at home little by little, but a lot of things are still super foreign.
Foreign, uncomfortable things include:
-Navigating any bus line besides the Ecovia.
-Missing home more than I ever ever ever thought I would.
-Using proper grammar.
-Not being able to walk alone at night because I am a woman, and American.
-In internship without concrete projects and goals.
-Traffic. Pollution.
Things I am having no problem getting used to:
-Yoga in Parque Metropolitano.
-The view. Everywhere.
-A HUGE multitude of free events including a series of foreign films exploring the theme of imigration, urban art exhibitions, and symposiums on indigenous and GLBTQ rights.
-$.25 to take the bus anywhere you want.
-Sitting around the HECUA office discusing neo-liberalism in Latin America and Marxist theory.
-Pilsener.
Somethings are scary, somethings are fun, somethings are hard, somethings are interesting. Somedays I cry a lot, somedays I can´t believe I´m actaully here, somedays are super fun, some people are nice, some people are kind of mean, some people are sexist, some people are inspiring.
Everyday is beautiful, everyday is super challenging, everyday my emotions are really mixed.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment