Friday, September 14, 2007

¿Cual es lo mejor?

Primero, thanks to everyone for your emails. I´m super grateful for your support, and I loooove hearing about everything back home (which has apperantly been hilariously and appropriatly dubbed "San Pablo, the Minnesotan Cabo.") Keep ´em coming.

Overall, I´m feeling significantly better about everything. The group is bonding really well, I´m feeling a lot more comfortable navigating Quito autonomously, and I no longer get super sad when I hear an airplane take off.

This past week was a blur of visits to museos, Panecillos, and teleféricos. On Tuesday I had an interview for my internship. I will be working 20 hours a week at Jesuit Services for Migrants and Refugess. What this will involve, I have no idea. I just know I start Monday.

Last night was the kick-off of what we have decided to call "The Bourgie Weekend." This involves rounds of Pilsener and Vodka Tonics near the incredibly gringocentric Mariscal district, coffees in hip cafes, and even venturing into a huge mall in search of track pants where we ran into some Minnesotans (of course.)

After this Bourgie Weekend, the general concensus is "if it´s not sketchy, we´re not doing it."

Just kidding (knd of) However, we will be looking for ways to enjoy Ecuador in an ecuadorian way...whatever that may be.

Hopefully I´ll be able to post some photos soon. I always forget to bring my camera to the net cafes....

For now, another delicious lunch with my host family, Parque Elijido, and a rock climbing wall (we can´t decide if that´s bourgie or not...)

No comments: