So far, so good.
Quito is incredibly beautiful. Today is sunny and about 70 degrees. Flowers and people everywhere.
I´ve already fallen in love the art of Oswaldo Quayasamin and locros de papas.
My host family is wonderful and very welcoming. I´ve never had so much soup and rice in such a short period of time. My family here tends to eat a lot of fresh, natural foods. This usually translates to whole grain cereal with fruit in the morning paired with a drink called Kauffe'which is kind of like instant coffee, except there´s also lots of barley, wheat, malt, and ginseng in it. Very delicious.
To be completely honest, the first 36 hours here were far more difficult than I thought they would be. Now, Quito is starting to feel like home.
I´ve yet to brave the bus system alone, as my house is only 2 blocks away from the HECUA office. Pretty convenient.
I have a few hours until lunch, I think I´ll start exploring my neighborhood.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment