A pretty fun weekend.
Saturday took an hour long bus ride North of Quito to reach the Equator. It´s important to note that this isn´t even the real equator, the French explorer who figured the calculations was actually off by about 600 feet. Whatevs, we went anyways. The centerpiece is a huge trapazoid figure with a globe resting on top, and the equator running straight through it. Of course, the obligitory photos were taken, with one foot in each hemisphere. Prety cheesy, but pretty fun.
Later that day...about 9 PM...
We found a place in the Mariscal where you pay $15, and you get all you can eat tapas (Spanish style appetizers,) and all you can drink house wine. End result: the most amazing potatos, chorizo, and chiles rellenos, and, way too much cabernet souvignon.
On Sunday, we rented some biked and braved the steep hills of Quito´s historic center with a guide. Every-other Sunday, a huge stretch of the city is closed off to anyone not on a bicycle or public transportation-this made our trek all the easier. En route to our second stop, we started out on a VERY steep hill (headed down.) I think I had far too much pressure on my front brake, resulting in me going head first over the handlebars. Pretty epic, and the smallest scratches. I guess that´s what you get when you ride bike in Quito...
Coming up: a week of mornings at my internship and class.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you fared well after the bike incident! I have to admit, I was laughing pretty hard. You should invest in a helmet maybe. =)
Love ya! And I love reading your blog!
Shanna
Post a Comment