Thursday, October 11, 2007

Celebrating.

First, remember that blog I posted last week ragarding St. Thomas brass more or less un-inviting Desmond Tutu to speak this spring on campus? UST president Dennis Dease has posted a letter to all UST staff and students expressing his regret for his un-informed decision, and in turn, has formally invited Tutu back to campus to speak at the PeaceJam event this April.

Still no word on re-instating my dear Cris Toffolo as chair of the Justice and Peace Studies Department...

I am personally celebrating this, and to augment the whole situation, I´M GOING TO THE BEACH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I´ll be leaving at 11:30 tonight with 5 other students, we´ll drive through the night and get to the beach town of Canoa just in time for breakfast on Friday. We´ll spend three days there and come back on Sunday.

I´m so excited.

More details and pictures upon my return!

No comments: